Saturday, July 6, 2013

few days off but many news

I took some days off from the coding for a simple reason. We have been talking a lot with my business partner regarding the possibility to transform this experiment in a real production (now that we know it is kind of doable) and we have decided that we will work on it.
I will rewrite the code from zero making it better and more powerful, I didn't decide yet if I will stick with GML or I will develop it in C-XNA or similar: the fact is that whereas the main developing platform will be PC - Windows, we wanna make a version where is possible to play on mobile phones and, why not, XBOX and consoles...after few tests I noticed that GML in the studio version has got several issues for different platforms rather than windows, without counting the royalties very high that YOYO takes. Moreover it seems there is no chance, so far, to make the game run on mobile without their runner which is quite unprofessional on my eyes.
I will spend this weekend to study better the potential of XNA and I will take a decision next Monday.
Meanwhile we already bought a PC workstation for me to work on in (at our office), a green background studio+lights+HD camera which we have to go (this week probably) to take in Miami as all the stuff arrive.
Together with Filo we already wrote down the whole combination of the basic actions of the player and I have a line for the storyboard.
Keep you updated


No comments:

Post a Comment