Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day one is over

The first day on the project is over but a lot has been done already.

To have some graphics to start with (and to check if the scripts are working) I'm using old background of the Street Fighter saga as well as the sprites.

My basic idea was to create a real 3D landscape with a little and narrow floor which represents the combat floor, and a wall behind which is used as base for the background.

The camera-view will be facing the wall and perpendicular to the floor and will move with the player.

I will texture the floor with the original bitmap part of the combat floor (at the time the part with the parallax effect) and I will texture the wall behind with the texture of the original background.

After a lot of tries and calibrations....it works!

I have the floor scrolling in prospective (because i'm using a real 3d) and the background scrolling slower (because is more far away comparing to the camera point).

The final effect is exactly like the original, funny thing is that the original was using several parallax layers to imitate the 3D...here I'm using the 3D to imitate the old parallax effect.

I needed to calibrate sizes, ratios and some other parameters to give the best deep effect i could get and I nailed it indeed.

I'm using a time_line to rotate the texture of the background (i'm coding in GM8.1) to give the effect of the animated background and it works very well.

Finally I inserted already a sprite (a big one) to set the proportions and to calibrate the scrolling. Basically the sprite move left and right (with arrow keys) and the camera follows the sprite: being a 3d environment the scrolling goes by itself. Camera and sprite have already a left - right limits.

The sprite if no key is touched is in idle animation already. all good for the first day

I post a Picture, consider that all is in movement and 3d!
goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment