Sunday, June 30, 2013

First real punch

I've been studying and testing for a while and I came out with a solution for the interaction (such as I give the punch and the opponent gets the hit). It will be a huge amount of code, if I stick on this solution, but it will be very precise. I tried to use the native functions for the collisions but they ain't work well because we are, anyway, in a 3D environment.
So I have to list all the combinations of action between the 2 players and determine what is what for each one when, obviously, the 2 players are close enough to each others.
At the moment I'm using the opponent as a sparring partner. I managed to do the first interaction which is the normal frontal punch (Z key) and a normal "got hit" animation. Moreover I added a kind of spark animation between the punch and the body which indicates the hit is given. I added also two different sounds: one from the opponent that gets hit and the other the normal sound of the hitting punch.
Here the screenshot of the first real given punch.

Uploading the screenshot I noticed the shadow of the challenger is slightly shifted to the left. Fixed just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment