Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The new idea: a fighting game

Here I am posting the very first article on this new blog. Long story short: I'm Ivano, I live in Curacao and I run a company specialized in Internet marketing, online gaming and "similar stuff". Lately the business is going very slow therefore I decided together with my business partner Filippo to vary our business and explore new possibilities.
Whether Filippo decided to dedicate his time pushing the envelope in web-design, I decided to bring up one more time my old passion of coding and video-games programming.
The first idea was to realize a quite easy 3D engine that can be used on multiple platforms (especially mobiles). I was first of all trying to refresh my memories about writing programs with a goal to develop a racing game to use as local app, the circuit in fact was the reproduction of the streets of Curacao.
Why this introduction if this blog is titled "making of a fighting game"?
Because while I was working on my 3D engine came back in my mind the old Street Fighter and all the clones of it and I've been thinking that with the potential of my 3d engine plus some good idea the fighting game could be much more catchy than a racing game and, nevertheless, way easier in terms of simulation and physics.
And here we are, this is the first day of working on the project "fighting game".

No comments:

Post a Comment