Saturday, June 29, 2013

new shadows

I spent the whole day so far to rewrite the code for the shadows (which I just wrote yesterday). Before the shadow was basically an ellipse under the player's sprite more or less like in many other fighting games. I wanted to make real shadows, shadows that follow the physic rules and the character's movements. I was training and the idea about how to do that just came in my mind. After 3 hours of trying, coding, re-design we have dynamic shadows! The move along the main sprite movements and they change inclination depending where the sprite is comparing with the virtual pint of light. The effect in motion is amazing. Very happy about that.
I just placed another character sprite in the came...standing still...meaning I will start the interaction between fighters....hard part!

No comments:

Post a Comment